POSITION PLASTIC WELDER/FABRICATOR
- with 3 years experience.
- NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4).
- At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- operating controls to regulate temperature, pressure, speed and flow of operation
- measuring and loading materials, items and ingredients for mixing into machines and feeding mechanisms
- monitoring operation, regulating material supply and adding chemicals and colorants to mixture
- threading uncoated wire and cable through plastic coating machines, around take-up reels and through dies and cooling chambers
- laying casings, beads, ply and rubber sheets on moulds
- operating rollers to remove air
- operating vulcaniser presses and controlling curing
- examining output for defects and conformity to specifications
- performing minor repairs and maintaining production records
711513 PLASTICS FABRICATOR OR WELDER - Operates machines to measure, cut, shape, fit and assemble plastics materials to produce plastic products.
- Skill Level: 4
- Acrylic Fabricator - Vinyl Welder and Fabricator