POSITION FORESTRY WORKERS - perform routine tasks associated in cultivating and maintaining natural and plantation forests, and logging, felling and sawing trees. Tree Surgeons are excluded from this unit group.
- with 3 years experience.
- NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4).
- At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Registration or licensing may be required.
- maintaining forest roads, buildings, facilities, signs and equipment
- killing weeds, felling and de-barking non-productive trees and thinning young plantations
- collecting seeds, and cultivating and planting seedlings for reafforestation purposes
- applying fertilisers, insecticides and herbicides to individual trees and general forest areas
- maintaining look-out for fires in forests
- removing major branches and tree tops, trimming branches and sawing trunks into logs
- assisting with loading and transporting logs
- planning the felling of trees and determining the natural and intended fall of each tree
- clearing surrounding area of saplings and debris prior to tree-felling
- operating and maintaining manual and machine saws to fell trees and to cut felled trees into logs.
841311 FORESTRY WORKER
Assists with cultivating, maintaining and protecting forests. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level: 4
- Forestry Tree Pruner - Tree Planter - Tree Thinner (NZ)